Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Ranging Up

I have been in a creative funk for awhile now. I walk aimlessly through my craft room trying to figure out what to begin, should I finish some of my on going projects on the shelves, trash them or what.
I am very unproductive. So last week I decided it was time to go through the millions and I am not exaggerating millions of boxes of my school items. I was very good, I threw away 15 bags of non life altering items and now a car and a half car could actually fit in the garage. We have not put one in there yet, however, it could happen.
I have always felt good after "ranging up" that is what I would tell my mom I was doing when I was organizing all my stuff when I was little. There is a calm that comes over me when I clean up and rearrange. I do not alway get rid of lots, but the order it restores in my mind is helpful.
So I tackled my magazines this morning. I went through them, looking at all the covers and putting them in order by title. I did not purge any, which I should, cause they in themselves are works of art. I love stampington and company publications. They are all art, sewing, journalling, blogging, cooking etc. The paper they are made from is the highest grade and just touching them is different from any other magazines.
So those are now all in order and the room still is a mess. I have 5-10 projects currently on the bed in the room drying, I made 100 cards the other day only to find that they are larger than the envelopes that I currently have on hand. Measure twice, cut once, dad's advice that I did not follow.
So all of you that get one of my handmade cards and the end is sticking out of the envelope you will know why.
On other news, the neighbor's and I planted a 20 row garden. We are doing this as a joint effort and it was so fun, I planted and they made the mounds and tilled. My back is still sore. It looks great. Robyn and I planted some flowers and her gerber daisies are going nuts.
I mowed the lawn prior to our most recent storm. I hate the storms here. I then helped the one neighbor locate her lawn furniture. The other neighbor raise the trampoline that flew a lot over and landed upside down.
Today is organize my clothing options for our cruise that we leave on in two days. Yes, two days. I am finally excited and not so fearful. I get car sick and boat sick and any kind of movement sick so I have been really worried about this event. I think that I have worn myself out with all this yard and house work to the point that I am ready for any kind of vacation. So off I go to see if any of last years clothes still fit and look for the swim suit that I look least like a whale in for my Mexican vacation.
Happy Easter to all and I hope all of you find time today to do some "rangin up"
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment