Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Monday, March 5, 2012

The Sun

Okay, so all of our friends and family in the north can stop reading this right now and you will be fine. I promise.
The sun is amazing! I love that it has decided to revisit us here in Mississippi after a way too long break. The sky is blue and the wind is softly blowing and Robyn and I are soaking up some much needed vitamin D.
She asked me why we need this vitamin and I said cause the sun helps us have a happier outlook on our life and be better people. Real scientific I know. But it is the truth. The sun makes everyone seem more pleasant.
While on the deck I got to watch what appeared to be about a sixty or seventyish lady golf with what had to be her nintyish father. It was amazing. He walked very slowly up to his ball, swung with much caution and then drove the cart the thirty yards his ball had travelled. He putted the ball in the hole and his daughter scooped it out. I only hope I am able to do this at his age.
I am walking the golf course and it brings back many memories of my high school years on the girls golf team. Oh, for those of you that do not know, I was the girls golf team. I was the only girl on the team until my sister was a freshman. Anyway, I got 12th in the state of Montana my junior year in a driving rain filled tournament. My clubs were never the same after that. The grips were soaked and the last time I golfed, last year, my five wood flew out of the grip. Yeah, I know time for some new clubs. They are only like 40 years old. Just like me.....
Any way back to the sun. It lifts my spirit and helps me to realize that what ever little things are going on in life, the sun will come back out and make me feel much happier.
Happy Day to all.

1 comment:

  1. Agree completely. We have joined your world today with beautiful sunshine and yes the outlook on life does improve with Mr. Sun's appearance. Have a happy day

    ReplyDelete