Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

So I think I still reside in the state of Mississippi however from the looks of this photo out our back door, one would never guess we were in the deep south.
The governor declared a state of emergency in 36 counties last night in the wake of this weather. All schools and public offices closed and the main thing on television is stating to stay home unless it is an emergency.
In the north all of the peeps are laughing at these southerners freaking out. I have to say I was freaking out at the first hurricane so I can't talk. This would be a day in the park at home in Montana, everyone would be thrilled that they could see some blue sky and the golfers would just use colored balls to play around. I ventured to the mailbox and about bit the dust, there is no de icer to speak of at stores down here and the word snow shovel gets you very silly looks. Robyn and Jeff's cars are covered in ice and Jeff said it was so fun using his 4 wheel drive for the first time ever. He is thrilled when we get any kind of weather down here.
The snow day has provided me with time to call the internet company once again for the bill that they have messed up, catch up on my filing and to rest under some warm blankets. Thankfully we have power and we have hot tea.

1 comment: