Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

cleaning day

I am a very organized person. It haunts me as some points. I am very anal at work and have to have a plan in order for the day to start. As I have gotten older, my organizational skills are often made fun of by my co-workers. It is hurtful to me at times, the comments of "I should have guessed you would be ahead of the rest of us at to lesson planning, report cards, etc."
I really do not try to keep this life of mine under my finger tips but my brain does it automatically. To the point that others that are "messy" or very disorganized cause me great stress. I am not in charge of them but I tend to try to wrap my head around how they can get by from day to day. We have to be two completely different species, I fear.
I have been "ranging up" since I was one year old and took all the cans out of my grandmothers cupboard and put them back in in an order that worked for me. Today I cleaned out my pantry and put all the canned veggies in order by alphabet and type. You have to have beans, carrots, corn and then green beans.
I use numbers to order my class. If a child leaves then that number is vacant until another student comes to fill it.
I organize my closet by color or by type of item, collared shirts, cardigan sweaters, work out clothes etc.
The difficulty that I have is that I have a very artistic side as well. I long to be able to go to work with my hair having just woke up, a shirt and skirt that do not match yet look so eclectic that the flow of the hair and outfit work. I often tell people that I feel like half my body wants organization and the other half wants chaos.
Today the organized side won out and my closet, extra room, craft closet, pantry and garage are all in order.
I have thank yous to make and write so tomorrow I may let the creative side take over and not even clean up the mess...... Ya right, the laundry is in organized color piles, my color pallet for the day.

1 comment:

  1. you are speakin' my language, sista'! i am right there with you on the organization. i am not an alphabetical organizer or by color or type, but i am an everything-has-its-place girl. my pantry is organized by canned foods/baking items/snacks/etc. and every label must be facing out! refridgerator, too. all labels face front. and i have a cleaning schedule. i don't. ever. slip. it sucks, really, to have a brain that won't let you sit down because there is a thread on the carpet and i just vacuumed and oh crap i have to vacuum that up! i know you get me.
    h

    ReplyDelete