Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Cleaning

So are all the rest of you suffering from this ailment or is it just me?
We decided that over the winter we have collected much clutter in the house. This is usually the case as we tend to live in the living room by the fireplace. Wouldn't you after you get over 6 feet of snow. The warmth of the fire and the blankets make it the perfect place to read, do art and to watch movies.
Now I have to go thru all these books, magazines, movies etc.
So we decided to start in the garage and clean it up, move the snow blower etc. Well, the dust, dirt and wind equals asthma attack for me.
I coughed until I could cough no more, I sneezed until I could sneeze no more and then the attack. I could not get any air in. I was freaking out. I stopped, shut my eyes and remembered the words from lamaze class, slow down and do not panic. It worked. I have never had an attack like that. I was scared to death. I knew air was getting in but the feeling of panic was so overwhelming.
What did I learn from this experience?
1. I need a maid. Wishful thinking
2. Spring is not my favorite season anymore.
3. We have too much crap collecting dust that makes me sneeze.
4. Simplify, simplify, simplify
5. I need to take this cleaning thing one room at a time and not try to do as much as I did yesterday.

So here is to a clean house, no more asthma attacks and summer when all the pollen is gone.

Happy Day to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Have a spring cleaning day not just in your home but your mind. Smile once for the two people who raised you for the beginning of your life- Love love love

    ReplyDelete