Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Umbrellas


My attempt at art this week. I seem to be on about a third grade level with my drawings. All I can say is that when I draw on the board for the kids, they always say, "Wow, how did you do that?"
Makes my day. Try your hand at some colored pencils today, brings back the feeling of calm and coloring is so wonderful. Today my class finished their writing benchmarks and they were so tired, I gave them a coloring page and for 20 minutes, no lie you could have heard a pin drop. I had to stop and just take in the view. I prayed the phone would not ring, the door would not be knocked on and that no one would sneeze. It was so amazing and silent that I sent my husband a text, Did blank just freeze over cause this is wierd. Then I looked outside and saw a pig flying so I knew I must be dreaming........

5 comments:

  1. Silence in a room full of children is indeed a rare, and beautiful thing! I think your picture is cute, and it's interesting that both you, and Heather drew mushrooms for your umbrellas! Great minds think alike, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! I think that your picture is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. quiet kids...a beautiful thing!

    You drew a very cute picture. It makes me think of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this post. so funny! it just shows how important to our souls creativity is, doesn't it? how often do kids get to just color? i love using my colored pencils. i loved coloring as a kid and i still love it. and...how is it that we coordinated so beautifully? your drawing is really great! i'd love to be under your umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This artwork is so cute and full of Spring. It makes me smile. I love that image of being so caught up in drawing that the room is silent.... :)

    ReplyDelete