Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Monday, August 30, 2010

blogging

I have done 71 of these silly things and absolutely love writing to whoever is out there reading. I am continually surprised to have people tell me that they read my silly little blog. I wish you would all sign up to be followers or leave me comments. It is amazing to me how calm I feel writing. I love to read other blogs so I guess I should realize that people might enjoy mine.
I have had comments on my writing like, you write about the strangest things, my spelling sucks, always has and your writing if so fun to read. I love all the comments and yes I do have weird things pop in my head to write about. The spelling is usually the lack of glasses on my face. So today is going to be my random thoughts:

Newest book read:
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Oh,my this book took me about 6 hours to read and I loved it. For those of you not having read it yet, you will be interested in the fact that it is based in Jackson, Mississippi which is only 80 miles from us here in Hattiesburg.
For my mom and those that know me really well, I am Miss Skeeter, the outcast no one would let into Junior League enough said.

My hope for the week:
Pray our appraisal comes in good on the new home we want to purchase. A person we know got theirs and it was 200,000 off the sale price. Lets just say, lots of people have their homes over priced. The economy sucks all around.


I am missing Glacier Park at the moment. Not sure if I am missing the cool air, the beautiful scenery or the looking for bears and walking up to the gorge. May be it is all of it. YUP that is it.

Am so glad that I have hair, just not thrilled with the current color. Brown, with more grey than I am able to keep colored. I was blond for a long time cause it covered the grey so much easier. Not sure what to do. At the moment the frizz has hit and my hair has a mind of its own. I really wonder what some of these southern women's secret is to look not hot and sweaty in 107 degree heat with 107 percent humidity. Give me a fan

Been watching home and garden tv a great deal. In anticipation on the new home. Yeah, sort of really just watching cause there is not much to do in a one bedroom apartment at the moment.
Things I have learned:
Jeff and I tend to be very plain in our decorating
Neutrals are my go to colors even in my dress. Does that mean I am classic or boring?
I really love green and brown and bringing the outdoors in.
I hate the look and style of furniture that looks so uncomfortable no one would ever sit in it.
I love a comfortable home with lots of room to read. I have more books and paper and scrapbooks than I should.
Our new home will have a new frame that I plan to build that will encompass our 100 signed baseballs. This is my project. I am going to challenge myself to make this item as I am unable to find what I have a vision of.

okay, so that is my rambling for the moment. Happy Monday to all.

3 comments:

  1. okay so you asked. The colors are boring, boring, boring. Enjoy the blogs when you ramble and don't second guess yourself.
    from Dad- Why do you like teaching?
    Rent a black and white movie- is it boring because of lack of colors or content?
    Boring by definition - is drilling a hole in wood therefore it is nothing really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm halfway through the help and LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny! First, I don't think there is anything wrong with shades of beige... I happed to think taupe is one of the greatest colors ever! (that being said, remember I have an eggplant colored bathroom) Secondly, just to tease Mom and Dad above, boring also includes only using salt and pepper for seasoning and still fixing things like SPAM....just teasing all of you!!

    ReplyDelete