Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Monday, August 23, 2010

Time Away

I have been away from my blog for too long. I have spent the summer trying to make our move to Mississippi. I will start by saying,it has been one of the most difficult moves for our family.
I have not blogged for who wants to hear all my frustrations,failures and just plain crankiness about living in a one bedroom "furnished" ya right apartment. Three adults and a dog are getting rather tired of running into each other.
Enough about the negative.
We have made an offer on a home and it has been accepted and we are to close on Oct. 15th. This seems so far off, to all of us. The home is currently owned by a wonderful older couple that have it so sparkling clean and neat that I feel the need to go in and take pictures for it will never be that neat again. The man has been ill so Robyn suggested we make him cookies. I feel that this will be a great idea for I know how I feel about my Arizona home and having to say good bye to it. Maybe it will brighten their day.
Robyn is loving USM and I find that I am drawn there. The campus is alive and I have found a curriculum library in the main library. My love of books drew me there and the lady may be leaving....Can you say job opportunity...
As for a job, I hated the one I took and was ill for two weeks. I knew in my gut it was not right, but did not follow that feeling. Lesson learned.
I am tutoring a boy in the afternoons from Bangladesh. Love this and his mom and dad. The new baby sister is amazingly cute and I feel such reward from this experience.
So my blogging is back and we may actually have a home soon. Yeah!
I do have a question that I would like you to comment on if you would.
Does artwork have to be useful to be considered art????

2 comments:

  1. art is different to everyone and no it is not nescessarily functional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never consider art to be "useful". Beautiful, peaceful, thought provoking.. kitchen utensils, toilet paper and vacuum's are useful

    ReplyDelete