Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Doodles











This week's challenge by my neice Heather was to doodle. I do this on a daily basis. I sit in meetings and draw on my papers to the point that I have to redo my papers.




I have always been one to color code my notes, etc and to add just plain doodles on the sides. So this will be a piece of cake. Ya, Not!!!!




If you look at the results you will say, who did that her third graders. I figured my work would be amazing. So Not.....




I have got to come to the realization that some areas may not be my fortay.




I need to narrow down my artistic endeavors. This has been a problem as of late. Just read some of my past posts.




I have been making journals for all of Robyn's friends at school. I have made mini ones, and larger ones. I have made magnets, coffee cozy's etc. to the point that the girls on Robyn's floor think that I am Martha Stewart. But none of this is my art work or is it. I use papers and objects that others have created. I need to have the picture in front of me and then I can go from there. A blank piece of white paper is overwhelming and scary at this point. So see my doodles, and realize that I still need work on my artist side.. Here's to the ability to keep trying....

1 comment:

  1. my favorite is the last one that says spring. your flowers and colors are cute and fun. i like them. the thing about doodles is that they seem to be reminiscent of the drawings we did as kids, don't they? but is that a bad thing? i don't think so! from my doodles is where i get my most original thoughts. original art. but i first just have to put pencil to paper and draw unintentionally, and let the third grader in my shine through. you did fantastic, auntie!

    ReplyDelete