Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Monday, March 22, 2010

One Step Forward Two Steps Back

Ever feel like you are treading water????
For the last few months I have felt like for every step forward, I take two steps backwards.
This has been applying to all aspects of my life:
My class seems to get some concept and then I test them and whoosh right in one ear and out the other.
My artwork, if it can even be called that at this point. I fight with the making art with a purpose vs art for the pure pleasure of creating issue daily.

My house, I cleaned all the laundry and not even five minutes later, Jeff came and dumped the laundry basket by the washer. I cleaned the floors, put down carpet powder to let it sit and washed the dog, only to have a wet dog run through the house and get carpet powder on her paws and proceed to mark up my nice hardwood floors with puppy paw prints. UGH!!!!11
I do not mean to sound ungrateful for the fact that I have clothes to wash and wear, I have a job, and a wonderful house and husband, but I feel as though I am not moving forward but rather backwards.
Even the weather is taking a turn to the dark and rainy side once again and not the sunshine of spring that I so crave at this point.
I went to my favorite store today, The store is called Embellish and the owner and her husband are wonderful people. I consider her (Trisha) a friend. I love the smell of her store, the items that she carries are scrapbook and antique and just plain amazing fun objects that no matter what mood I am in when I enter, the feeling of calm and rejuvination comes over me while I am there and carries over after I leave. Well, Trisha was feeling the same way that I was today. Not to say that this was good, but it was nice to see that I am not the only one with "I have had enough Winter"". I want to thank Trisha and Tony her husband, for each time I enter their store, I feel as if I belong there. This is a welcome warm feeling that one does not get often enough.
I will continue my walk, and hope that the steps backwards become less each day as the sun finally decides that it is needed and welcome here in Pinetop, Arizona.

1 comment:

  1. i'm right there with you. each day, though, there are more signs of spring. it does renew...so keep walking forward!

    ReplyDelete