Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Allergies

So why again was I so ready for Spring????

My allergies are out of control this year. Okay, I need to let some of you know the background on this.
As a college Freshman, I had an allergic reaction to strawberries. Yes, I had eaten them for 19 years and then pow. So from there we head to yearly pnemonia, finally figured out that the live Christmas trees were causing some of this so we go to the fake ones, and no strawberries. I can live with this I think.

Move to the South and live with the yellow pine pollen for nine years, in which time my hives begin and I develop asthma they think. Okay, a life of singular to follow, but wait....

Go to visit my parents in Montana two years ago to have my tongue swell to the point of an emergency room trip to find out that it could be some medicine that is causing the swelling, funny I have been on this medicine for five years. Well, as I experiment with different foods I find that the tongue swells every time I am exposed to tomatos, funny tomatos and strawberries are in the same food group or something. Anyhow, that now limits the American meals that I used to enjoy...pizza, lasagna, spaghetti, ketchup anyone feel for me yet???

So today on the way to school I sneezed 15 times, this is not funny for a 45 year old woman that could wet herself with each sneeze. Not only was I exhausted by this attack but I looked as if I was crying by the time I got to school.

Now, I am home and able to take some benedryl cause if I take it at work I will fall asleep. I miss my favorite foods, my nose is running and my eyes itch and I have to write myself a note to buy more kleenex for the house and classroom cause I will forget by tomorrow.

Can I have a do over on my attraction for these allergies? I long to have a pizza with strawberry shortcake for dessert. Oh, well, me and my kleenex will cozy up to the fire and hope that the wind that is forecast for tomorrow at 50 plus miles an hour will blow some of this pollen away and I can breathe again soon.
Happy Sneezing Season to you all.

3 comments:

  1. careful, the fire might cause some reactions too! Spencer used to have a hard time with smoke:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no pizza?! that's a life long tradgedy! my deepest apologies.
    funny you write about allergies today. i'm having the biggest attack this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I would take the sneezing over the stuck rocks in my ears that make me dizzy. Must be the change in earth's rotation- or maybe the health reform is just making us all sick. Hope your feel better.

    ReplyDelete