Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Good Mail







Yes, I said "Good Mail". Seems as though these days all the mailbox holds is bills and lots of media driven envelopes that want us to stimulate the economy by buying more stuff.



I have lots of stuff, I have more stuff than I need. What I crave is some good mail.



I was in the valley, as we up here at 7000 feet call Phoenix this last weekend and I was in my favorite spot, Barnes and Nobel. I found a book called "Good Mail Day" by Jennie Hinchcliff and Carolee Gilligan Wheeler.



I was hooked by the cover.



Mail has always been something that I love, covet and want to have endless supplies of. My grandfather Martin was a mailman. I remember thinking how lucky he was to get to walk his route everyday and chat with all the customers and hand them letters. What a great job. I am now older and realize that he had to battle dogs, weather, and cranky people, but it is nice to have a blissful dream of a job.



I love mail. I will spend my off period at school every so often sorting the teachers mail and putting it in the boxes for the secretaries. They are alway so appreciative, and grateful, for it is always last on their list. I do not tell them that it is calming and serene for me. Why break the idea that I am just really nice right?



Anyhow, back to the book. So I purchased this book and made my own Good Mail Day Art this week. I mailed the Art to my parents, my sister and my neice. I know I did not start off with a group that would be critical, but it was still a leap. Will they like what I did? Will it arrive in the mail unaltered? Did I encourage them to write back?



That is the key, if you get Good Mail, you have to reply. So I am trying this new art form and if you are interested, comment and you will get a surprise in your mailbox.



Here's to everyday being a Good Mail Day.

1 comment:

  1. i got my good mail this week! it arrived just as you sent it...beautiful! it was sandwiched between a stack of bills so when i was flipping through the envelopes, it's texture hit my hands first. what a fun surprise, that texture! and...you can be expecting your own good mail shortly.

    ReplyDelete