Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Computers and the new me

I lost my new laptop last night. Not literally, but the computer crashed. I was very disappointed. I was frustrated and sad that my new toy did not work. We had just returned from Flagstaff and dropping Robyn off for her new semester. I was sad to leave her, happy that she was excited to go back and tired cause this cold of mine will not go away.
As I called the number to the help line, I was even more frustrated. The girl that answered me spoke broken english, was probably as tired as me and did not seem to care that my new prized present was not working. Her solution was to box my toy up and send it in for repair. No, I do not want to do that I thought. I am so happy with my new found blog and the fact that I fit in with the rest of the family and all their laptops, really do I have to part with my new friend????/
I went to bed and decided to do the boxing in the morning.
I was texting the girls this morning wishing them both a great restful day and they both asked if I had tried the computer again. No, I said after so many attempts why?
But as I got the box from the garage, I thought what will it hurt? One more attempt. Well, God worked a miracle over the still of the night. My laptop came on, said that there were errors and push this button for repair. I hesitently pushed the button. I am on line again. Yeah, I am so excited and relieved my new friend is back and so is the new me. The one that is going to take things in stride, try again and again in work and in fitness and the one that is so excited to be writing.

1 comment:

  1. hi aunt angie!
    love your blog! i really do. i think we may have been separated at birth. i keep reading your posts thinking...did i write that?! you and i have a lot in common in the "controlling" department. a lot.
    so, that sucks about your computer, but glad it's working! i crashed three, yes 3! computers last year. larry bought me a tiny notebook this last time. i don' tthink he's willing to let me play with any computer worth more than $300! i don't blame him, really.
    i'm a follower, now, so expect more comments!
    (you do get them via email, right?)

    ReplyDelete