Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Sunday, January 3, 2010

shampoo

Yes, I am addicted to Shampoo!!! There I said it. There are no twelve step programs to help with this addiction and I am not sure I would want to attend if there were. I love shampoo, all the different kinds, the scents, the advertising that says I will have hair like the ladies in the magazines just by washing my hair.
Heaven forbid I find a new shampoo and do not try it within a week.
My husband comments on my habit almost daily, but I tell him it is better than other addictions,just lather up and experience this new one.
Conditioner is always at a loss in my house, never enough and often have to go get some from the store, but shampoo is a plenty.
Now for the bad news, Dr. Oz reveiled today that one should shampoo only every other day if not every two days. No this can not be true. I hate greasy hair and I have hair that if I woke up and walked into work without a shampoo, my coworkers would scream and wonder if the night of the zombies had just arrived.
I have to feel that wonderful lather in the morning, smell the amazing scents that they come in and I love when my kids in class come up to me and say "Mrs. Comer, I just love the way your hair smells". Trust me they say almost anything on a daily basis so I will take this compliment. I do not want to change and and if an addiction to shampoo leads to thinning hair, so far so good, in that I just broke an extra large hairband trying to get it over my massive pony tail. I have a love hate relationship with my hair but a love, love, love relationship with my shampoo. Oh, how I love to take a nightly bubble bath and soak, lather my hair with a wonderfully fragrant shampoo and wash the day away.... Cheers here's to 362 more days of pure bliss.

1 comment: