Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

WORDS

Words, I deal with them everyday. I love then, I hate them and I need them. It is funny on any given day I am asked how to spell words probably 1000 times. I respond to this differently depending on my current mood, my stress status(if these kids ask me one more time I may explode)and on whether or not I really know how to spell the word.
As a teacher I am able to read writings that have no vowels and not even think about it. The children are not amazed at this, for they expect that if they wrote it on paper, the adult should be able to read it. They do not even see their mistakes until I try to read their work back to then and I do not say what they want.
Communication is built on words. Yeah I know you all know this but I guess I need an adjective here, specific words. It is in the words that our voice appears. What are we really saying when we say I LOVE YOU ? Do you love my hair, my clothes, how I cleaned the house? What specifically do you love.
Each day we tell people what we think are words that are communicating our thoughts. This is not always the case. So my challenge to you today is to use your words, but be specific. Tell, the ones you love why you love them. Tell the child in your class why you are glad they came to school today. Be specific. You will not only find that you have a deeper understanding of your words but the other person will as well. So to my five followers. You make my day, you believe in me, you support me and you read my words. I LOVE that you take time out of your day to visit my words.
I LOVE that you LOVE me. Thank you

1 comment:

  1. you are quit the intellectual, auntie. you've really got me thinking here, so early in the morning.
    i'm just loving that you became a blogger. it gives me insight into your world. i've enjoyed reading your thoughts and getting to know you more. i love that we have much in common. i love that you are strong, yet weak at the same time. i highly value vulnerability, you know. and if you didn't know, you do now.

    ReplyDelete