Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Movies

I love movies just as much as the next person, only problem is if I go to the movie theatre, I always fall asleep.
I take that back I fall asleep at home in movies as well. I was thinking about this yesterday when Jeff and Ally went to the new Sherlock movie. They asked me to go, but I can't seem to justify eight dollars for a nap.
I find movies to be rather boring, I am not sure why this is. I do have some movies that I can watch over and over and not fall asleep. Sound of Music, Gone with the wind, but movies of today do not seen to hold my attention.
The disney movies seem familiar to me, but when I actually sit down to watch them I realize that I have not "seen" the movie but have rather listened to it while I was doing laundry, washing dishes, cooking dinner etc. I very rarely do only one thing. My family is always upset that I am going through school stuff or looking at a magazine while a movie is on, but I have realized that this is the only way I can sit and not fall asleep. I feel as if I must be doing two or three things at a time. I love to take naps, and that annoys my family, but the most peace I find is having my family with me in the living room, my puppy mocha at my feet and my head on my husbands chest while they are all watching a movie and I take a nap. The sleep is restful, I am happy cause all my chicks are in the nest and I feel peaceful. Sunday Football also works as a nice back ground for a nap. So here's to all of you that enjoy movies, go have a great time and by the sixth or seventh showing on a dvd I may have caught the entire movie. Plus my popcorn at home is not 1000 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment