Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The things kids will say

I am continually amazed at the things children will say to me. I am sure they say them to all adults but sometimes it makes me happy to think that they are saying it only to me and and are comfortable enough to tell me some of their inner most thoughts. This happened in class today.
I was having a class discussion on why we need to watch our words and our actions because we can hurt feelings and not really know that we have done so. That words hurt way more than even a hand can.
So the child that had been hurt was out of the room and and getting the needed individual attention and I had the class hanging on my every word. I spoke of our need to be liked and to be included. I also said that we as individuals do not always make the right choice but that we can admit that we have hurt someone and say sorry and it helps. One of my boys raises his hand ( hey, we are making progress no speaking out) and tells the class that he heard this same thing on a cartoon last night. I am thinking oh, great, this had better not be The Family Guy or the like. It is called your conscience Mrs. Comer, he states. There is a little devil that lives on one shoulder and an angel that lives on the other. The devil trys to get you to do the wrong stuff and the angel trys to get you to do the right stuff. Your head is in the middle and all mixed up. If you do what the angel says you have a great day. If you do what the devil says the cat eats you. Oh, nice they get the point. What was the cartoon? Tom and Jerry. Oh, life works sometimes and in spite of all my carefully chosen words, the child got the point across better than the teacher. Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment