Welcome to my Life!

The year of ME, Walking, Water and Whimsey



Jeff and I

Jeff and I
Twenty-Eight Years

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Teacherhood

I have been reading a book called Close Encounters of the Third Grade Kind by Phillip Done. I am an avid reader, and as sick as it is I enjoy reading educational materials as much as a novel. This book is very light hearted and it reminds me of why after three snow days and a weekend I am ready to go back to my class.
Here are a few of the teacherhood wisdom that others could use to make your life at a desk seem very enjoyable. Enjoy!!!
Teacherhood:is prying staples out of the stapler with a pair of scissors. I do this daily much to Jeff's annoyance as I am a daily OSHA accident.
Teacherhood: is locating the exact book a child is looking for when all they can tell you is it has a duck on the cover.It is their favorite book that helps.
Teacherhood: counting to five at the water fountain for each child so no kid hogs all the water. No wonder we can't figure out our math facts we only get to five.
Teacherhood: is knowing that when kids hold up their multiplication flash cards to the light they can see the answers on the back. They still manage to get them confused
Teacherhood: is knowing that kids read better under their desks.So does the teacher but she is not telling.
Teacherhood: is knowing that if you do not know all the names of current toys, you are the "lamest" teacher. Thank goodness for my daughters, they tell me what all the kids like and are talking about.
Teacherhood: is knowing that when you ask a the class to turn to page thirty four someone will always hold up the book to show you that they found it. It is always the same person.
Teacherhood: there will never be an eraser on a new pencil after five minutes with a child.I should invent vitamins that are dispensed in pencil erasers.... Hum
Teacherhood: Monday mornings will always entail everything that the children did all weekend.
Teacherhood: If I forget to have show and tell the children will remind me thirty times.Until we stop everything and show the rock they found at recess.
Teacherhood: The children will always greet me with a hug and a smile saying "You're here". As if there was anywhere else I would want to be.
Happy Monday to all.

1 comment:

  1. i found it! i found it! it's right here! page 34! i found it. i found it first! i was first! see! see! seelooklooklook,teacher! teacher! i found page 34!

    ReplyDelete